Monday, December 5, 2011

Appliqué kind of daé

Have been busily sewing and creating. Trying to stay indoors as much as possible owing to the heat, nothing to wear and swollen feet and hands. Yeah, I can't make a fist with my hands... lovely right?

My sister Cassie usually comes over 2 or 3 days out of the week and we just make things. This is what we made last week.

I had a bunch of plain onesies as gifts for the little man. We came up with some designs and used a little bit of scrap fabric that Mum had at her place and some leftovers from the bedding I had made.

This is what we did...

We used:
- Plain onesies
- double sided fusible web
- scrap fabric pieces
- iron
- scissors


Step 1: after we had our designs we cut it out in several different fabrics then pinned them to the fusible web and cutting it out to match the shape.



Step 2: We peeled off one side of the fusible web and ironed it to the fabric (we placed a cover over our fabric so it didn't stick to the iron)

Step 3: Then we placed the design onto the onesie


covered with scrap and ironed it to the onesie



and revealed. 



E voilà!... (well not quite - still need to stitch them on with the Janome.)








Can't wait till there's a little guy inside these...

I also made this wipes cover for my purse...


I have almost finished my car seat canopy - pictures to come...

Cas and I are thinking of starting our own little business. We've had a lot of facebook friends wanting things that we are making. Who knows - we can get started now and put it on hold for a few years, I'm sure we'll have our hands full pretty soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment