It has been a long time, and everyday that I'm overdue and not in labor is not fun at all.
I was supposed to have a stretch and sweep last Wednesday and then last Friday but the labor ward was filling up so they didn't want to induce me and have another birth. So on Monday I called up and they had me come in at 4pm. When we got there baby's heart rate was elevated around 170 - 190 so they monitored it for about 2.5 hours and he wasn't calming down. Every time he moved it jumped from 165 to 185 and he was super active. They wanted it below 160. The midwife took the results to her boss and I got to have a break and walk around the ward hearing screams of pain echoing in the halls... Can't wait!
They hooked me back up and he had calmed down so the midwife was able to do the sweep... wowzers - youch! Unfortunately I was back in today, 2 days later for another one as well as an ultrasound and fluid check for the little guy.
His heart rate was great and there is an ok amount of fluid in the uterus so back in again everyday until I either have him or am heavily induced on Saturday... whichever comes first. I told them they were more than welcome to keep me in today as there were only 2 ladies in labor and we were ready to meet our son, the midwife laughed at me like I was joking...
Matt is super excited because he got a new lens for the camera as well as some professional photo editing programs so we're ready to make a birth announcement... We kinda just need a birth!
At least I have words with friends, netflix and pinterest to keep me occupied.



I feel for you! The over-waiting game is no fun! Next time (hahahahahaah) just tack on 2 weeks to whatever date they give you - that's what I have done! Just keep up your positive attitude and hang in there. No one was ever pregnant forever... and in a few weeks it won't seem long at all because you'll be holding your precious, sweet son!
ReplyDeleteOh my hang in there!! I was 2 weeks late with my first and everyday felt like a year! You still look great though! He will be here before you know it and ready to rock those adorable t-shirts!! :)
ReplyDelete